Sunday, January 2

Fashion Roadkill of the Day: Vol 22

It's so cold right now there are parts of me that could pierce through glass. I would kill for some extra body fat to get me through the rest of winter. In fact, I wish I could just drape Kirstie Alley around me everytime I stepped outside the house.



Oh how I miss summer, not so much the weather but the ability to wear crazy caps which tell the story of how creatures in Rio Mardi Gras masks and headdresses invented fire. All it's missing is a little spinning propeller on top that sprinkles confetti. And long strands of beads.



I can't decide whether the most disturbing thing about the picture above is:
1. the aforementioned cap of craziness;
2. the girl who is wearing a pink dust ruffle (stolen from a crib) under her strappy stripey top, presumably to keep out the dust that comes from walking through the polluted streets of Hong Kong; or
3. the owner of the cap who appears to be caught in mid-grope.
Ah, the halcyon summer days of carefree youth spent grabbing ass.

That's the great thing about summer, the heat makes us do all kinds of wonderful crazy things. When the sun made a cameo appearance for a few minutes last week, I was tempted to do something silly to celebrate. But someone beat me to it. Whaddya do when it's a sunny morning, the birds are singing but the trees are as bare as Liz Hurley's chest?



You take out your favourite happy top, the salmon one with the speckled blossoms on the sleeves, put on your favourite pair of floral pants and strap on your favourite tropical backpack, that's what you do.

11 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i voted for you. good luck.

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Marie said...

You should have a warning before that link to Kirsty Alley. Dear mother of God, I needed a strong drink after that!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger me said...

You're worse than a Californian. According to Yahoo, the LOW in HK was 64. Here in Oakland, where we don't even have central heating & I'm typing over my portable heater, the low is 42. But I can't bitch about that or Margi Lowry & Sondra K (Washington state: low 16) will kick my azz

PS Saw Chungking Express. (I'm late.) Was that Faye Wong in wig & trenchcoat? I've been wanting to see 2046, but now I hear it's so bad, it's not even going to be released, true?

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Porkchop said...

I believe anyone who wears pants like that should have to run about naked and seriously consider the damage they are doing to the future of everyone who had to gaze upon such an outfit.


Or we could just burn them. The pants, that is.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Jon said...

chicks love guys in rainbow hats!!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Monkey said...

From one humor blog finalist to another I want to say CONGRATULATIONS and good luck! Your blog is very funny and I've got 'er bookmarked for further laughs!
Nice to meet you!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Spirit Fingers said...

Monkey, nice to meet you and good luck to you as well. I have been reading some of the other finalists' blogs and they're very entertaining.

Thanks Anonymous for voting, that's very sweet of you.

Jeff, I'm a frail fragile little flower, that's what I am. Yes Faye Wong is in Chungking Express and she's also in 2046. People who like the arthouse movies will like 2046. There's no real plot so I guess one would spend the time looking at the screening thinking, "oh that Tony Leung is so pretty", "oh that Zhang Ziyi is so pretty, her gown is pretty too", "oh that Gong Li is so pretty", "oh that Takuya Kimura is so pretty", "oh that Faye Wong is so pretty", "oh did I just see Maggie Cheung, gosh she's so pretty", "damn the way that cigarette smoke curls through the air is so pretty".

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Spirit Fingers said...

As for 2046's release date, it was released in HK in September 2004 which means it might get released in US sometime in 2008. But you can always get a bootleg copy from Chinatown!

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which parts of you could pierce glass?

fumier

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's referring to her tongue, I believe.

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have no damn respect for people from other parts of the world... So what if they don't have a fashion sense like you do... Maybe what you wear could make shit statement in HK.. Good fuckin luck ta you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home