Saturday, February 12

You Like, You Buy Vol 22

What to say about the clothing brand Moiselle (www.moiselle.com.hk)? Moiselle appears to be designed for certain women in mind - women not sophisticated enough to be Madames, not stylish enough to be Mademoiselles. But the brand does have something going for it because at least it isn't named Wanko.

Moiselle's spokesmodel is local actress Ada Choi. I don't know much about her other than she's a self-described little lamb that's 70% converted and conformed. Her fervent religiousness is such that Biblical verses are used to create the storyboard for Moiselle photoshoots.


Ecclesiastes 7:26
And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and fishnets, her legs encased in cowboy boots doing warm-up stretches against the bar and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.


Genesis 1:16
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. But He did not put them on this woman's lavender dress, pair it with a feathered headdress and tell her to fake swoon. No, no that was entirely man's doing.


1 Samuel 1:14
And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee.
And she slurred unto Eli, Wha? Ish okayzzzz (hic!)..fiiiiine..I wuv you *giggles* yesh you *falls over*


Exodus 26:35
And thou shalt set the table without the vail, and the candlestick over against the table on the side of the tabernacle toward the south: and thou shalt put the table on the north side. And thou shalt bolt the prize crockery to the walls, then proceed to awkwardly recline on the table to conceal the fact that dinner will not be served tonight.


Song of Solomon 6:5
And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart. But not subtil of hair, for this style doth improve the tv reception somewhat.

13 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your comments. i bow down. never have i read anything so funny or so apropos in my life. excuse me, i must go share this with everyone i've ever met in my entire life now...

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa. When Asians do the mullet (Song of Solomon 6:5)...
It's just wrong.

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, having seen these type of ads all my life I've never really thought of it this way. I've always been just some boring ads in the passing, never is entertaining and hilarious. U have shed the light. .

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Petra said...

Exactly. That so much better than the false website ad text. Go Spirit Fingers!

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...and I usedto think I could shoot off a good comment once in a while! I bow down before your superior snarking skills. All heil before Spirit Fingers!

-Mariagoner

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. .and I usedto think I could shoot off a good comment once in a while! I bow down before your superior snarking skills. All heil before Spirit Fingers!

-Mariagoner

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. .and I usedto think I could shoot off a good comment once in a while! I bow down before your superior snarking skills. All heil before Spirit Fingers!

-Mariagoner

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Blandwagon said...

Stop making me laugh, damn you! I'm at work and I'll get in trouble!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jon said...

Chinese people + money = disasters of style. Not always, but most of the time. Am I going to hell?

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My King James Bible doesn't seem to have this version that you are quot

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Spirit Fingers said...

And they don't even need much money to be disasters of style. A lot go to Shenzhen to buy stuff like fake Morgan de Toi. Does Morgan even qualify as something to be faked.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger me said...

She has such a natural flair for modeling. You really feel they just caught her completely off guard. Doesn't seem posed at all

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous accompagnatrici roma said...

Thank you for the article, really useful data.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home