Monday, October 17

Fashion Roadkill of the Day: Vol 39



Look how far Hugh Hefner's seed has spread. While there aren't too many people with manmade grottoes and strutting peacocks in their homes over here, the Playboy lifestyle is well and truly alive in Hong Kong. Just who are the consumers of this iconic brand? Statuesque and slender women who suffer from excruciating back pain due to their buxom frames? More like the adolescent children of these women.



Ah the sweet innocence and charm of childhood ambition. I mean, who hasn't dreamt at one time or another of serving up cocktails in a bunny costume while "studying to be an actress" or being married to the least popular cast member of "Beverly Hills 90210".



I expect to see more jailbait chic on the streets as we'll soon be getting our very own Playboy Concept Boutique. If I had a daughter of less than marriageable age, would I be making sure she had enough money to buy a pink cotton bunnyhead tank top with matching shorts and socks? No sirree. The only rabbit that she'll be allowed to carry around will be unquestionably unsexy.

5 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was out with my dad's coworker, and we walked the playboy (brand) section at TST's new SOGO. I sort of scoffed, and she told me that it was very hip. I held my laughter.

 
At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Over here, Playboy (the clothing, accessories, etc, not the nakedness) are just another common trendy teen brand like anything else. You'll see a 10 year old with playboy clothing and think nothing of it.

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it could be worse. Over here in the States, the teens are sporting Hustler brand.

http://www.bwild.com/gihucl.html

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Blandwagon said...

Well it's nice to see that the woman in the pink shirt is taking home her kill, rather than just leaving it in the street.

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The day my 10 year old wears a playboy bunny icon is the day you know my body is rotting in the back yard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home