Monday, August 16

You Like, You Buy Vol 1

Hong Kong shopping isn't all about overexposed brands like LV or Rolex. Many shoppers over here need to be educated that famous brand names aren't always the best, and I would like to be the person just to do that, especially if it means hitting them repeatedly on their heads with non-designer handbag (filled with non-designer bricks).

This new section will feature the website of a lesser known brand or item sold in Hong Kong. Visit the site, I promise it will be a couple of minutes in your day that you will never get back! I was going to put a poll up as well but HTML is not my friend. So anyway, over the weekend I found some handbags that were made by Morn Creations (www.morn.com.hk). Morn stands for Memorial, Original, Retro and New Design. Some brands just need to justify their name with nonsensical words and if you are being picky, then the name should actually be MORND. Shrug.

Morn handbags include designs featuring little cartoon children playing ping pong, little cartoon Chinese spaceman and some genuine 1970s fabric. I don't have a fabric dating kit handy to tell you whether the fabric has in fact come from the 1970s, so don't ask. Even though they look like sportsbags I think I want a pingpong one to use for travelling. It may just be a passing fancy, so I'll have to sleep on it and see if the feelings subside after a couple of days.



If you participated in the 1 July 2003 pro-democracy protest and are still patting yourself on your back about it, then the bag below is for you. You will have to ask them whether they plan to release one for 1 July 2004, so that you can carry all of the bags together to show how dedicated to the cause you are.

6 Comments:

At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agreed with you that brand goods are not always the best. Well, the material and the cutting are certainly good, but mostly shoppers are attracted by their names instead of the design itself. Personally, I don't even have a small LV handbag, because LV never attracts me apart from the multi colour pattern they have on their bag collections. There are many good design in the local market, not necessary brand shop. I found a lot local designer stuff in Lai Chi Kok area. They are good quality design, at least enough for fashion trend if anyone needs to follow. I think personal style is more important. We should wear what we are suitable with. :) Joyce

www.yogayuga.com

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Runaway surfing. I have no idea what I am looking for today. No chat rooms today. Just looking. designer knockoff handbag websites are my thing today. So, have a cool day. Nice site, blog whatever. Going to surf some hat, designer knockoff handbag, and shoe sites now.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog and thanks for letting me post.
organizer purse

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that still brand means great quality! If you buy Prada handbags you pay for great Prada Quality, but not just the brand!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger On On said...

wow tooooooooo cute!!!

I love Panda... and just bought a Morn Creations Bag from the following Blogshop:
panda.cwahi.net

Share with you the photos of my lovely panda tote bag tmr... hehe

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talking about the quality of the louis vuitton bags will need a complete book. But, as said by great people- everything comes for a price. So, undoubtedly the louis handbags and handbags are no exceptions. To maintain Damier Azur name and its position of the "legendary" tag the price bracket is kept so high that, only countable few, from all parts of the world can afford Damier Canvas .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home