Monday, December 13

Fashion Roadkill of the Day: Vol 19

On the weekend I decided to take a train instead of a cab to my friend's place for dinner because I thought the ride would be more pleasant. It just so happened that EVERYONE else in Hong Kong decided to take the same train. For the first half of the journey the body heat of my co-passengers was stiflingly uncomfortable and nothing at all like the movie with Kathleen Turner and William Hurt (i.e. passion laced with a tinge of danger and generally full of memorable quotes).

For the second half of the journey I managed to get a seat and that's when things started to get a little more interesting. I think any master photographer would agree that when one is least expecting it, one is confronted with an intriguing image, an image so compelling that it needs to be captured pronto, even if it means shoving one's camera between a stranger's legs and yelling "Spread them!".



In case you were wondering, nobody attempted to make a citizen's arrest on me for committing an act of indecency. You see, there are certain advantages to living in a city where you lose the right to any personal space the minute you step out of your home.

When the crowd emptied out of the carriage at the next stop, it had vanished, gone into the night like an elusive spectre who can't dress to save its (former) life. I was left with the feeling of someone who had been given a partial glimpse into an unrecognisable future - trying to make sense of what little that was revealed and wondering whether I could've handled seeing the vision in its shocking entirety.

3 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger Vivi said...

Looks like girlfriend's got some bunion issues in addition to bad fashion sense. ;)

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger j-a said...

those are some pretty disgusting shoes.

 
At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If her bunions hurt as much as my gf's do, the shoes look like a pretty good plan to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home