Thursday, December 9

Influential hairstyles

A couple of weeks ago, the Rachel haircut made popular by Jennifer Aniston was declared the most. influential. hairstyle. EVER. I'm normally quite suspicious of such fashion-related polls because rehashing a hairstyle she had over 10 years ago could just be a desperate PR attempt to keep Jennifer in the news. Let's face it, as far as wacky news-making celebrities go, Jennifer is so bland that she could make a tub of vanilla ice cream glaze over and fall asleep.

Furthermore, I never agree with most of what appears on these definitive lists. It's come to the point where I look at my own shopping list and say in dismay to myself "I can't believe you left out the Yakult Live Lactobacillus! How did the Nissin Ramen even make it in? This list is a complete travesty!"

Sure enough, as I scanned the list of influential hairstyles, I could feel indignation rising like a bout of Pavarotti's heartburn. Is it really fair to call what the Queen has on her head a hairstyle when it's really just a periwig heirloom handed down from the Stuart dynasty. And were the survey questionnaires accidentally sent to a maximum security women's prison because that would explain the inclusion of Sharon Stone's butch cut.

What stood out the most was the glaring omission of Cybill Shepherd:



I can only take solace in the fact that Cybill may eventually fade into tv movie obscurity but her windswept-while-speeding on-broom hairstyle will continue to live on through millions of lucky trolls.

UPDATE: Spirit Fingers is nominated the Best Asian Newcomer 2004 and Funniest Blog categories of the Asia Blog Awards (voting is only allowed once per day). A vote for Spirit Fingers is a vote for a bad hair day.

4 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, can Cybill BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE any hotter?

At least during her Moonlighting days....

LBYB

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Spirit Fingers said...

So in Korea the choice in tv programs is either Moonlighting or weepy dramas? Sounds better than HK where the choice is either ancient Chinese sword operas or weepy dramas.
Mallrat, I usually get the weird links from forums which I'm a member on or from friends emailing me. I have a huge backlog of them which I'm trying to put on this blog but as some of you may have noticed, many of these links are over a month old now! Not a fashion writer in real life, just an unremarkable office serf.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talking about the quality of the louis vuitton bags will need a complete book. But, as said by great people- everything comes for a price. So, undoubtedly the louis handbags and handbags are no exceptions. To maintain Damier Azur name and its position of the "legendary" tag the price bracket is kept so high that, only countable few, from all parts of the world can afford Damier Canvas .

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous www.huesca-3d.com said...

I consider every person should read this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home