Sunday, March 20

Fashion Roadkill of the Day: Vol 30

From Mallrat, comes this mannequin roadkill sighting:



Now showing at Bridge Rd in Richmond, Victoria, Australia, so get down there if you want to see it without the Citroen hatchback reflection. It could be that the boutique owner needed to find some use for their back issues of fashion magazines. Or there just wasn't anything worth in the shop putting on display. Either way it's a hidden gem, one of the few Australian attractions that you can't find in tourist guidebooks.

On the homefront, I don't have any mannequins of note to report lately. However I did come across a boot in a shop window which had shamelessly plagiarised some 70s album cover art:



I can't quite describe what sort of outfit would go with that but I'm sure that there's one out there and that I'll know it when I see it. Lack of ankles notwithstanding, there's a certain degree of satisfaction associated with seeing a pair of boots "complete the look":



When shopping for boots, treat the experience like shopping for a prospective life partner. Instead of committing to the first pair that catches your fancy because it looks semi-normal, has a chance of getting along with your parents and smiles back at you, do try before you buy. The fit has to be just right.



I can't believe that Miss "My Shanks Runneth Over" had the audacity to give me a strange look after I whipped my camera out, told the person standing in front of me to scram and asked her to spread her legs a little bit. At least the blood is actually circulating in my legs.

3 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Is that the home amputation kit? Just wear these simple (yet attractive) tourniquets whilst performing your usual daily activities and you'll no longer be bothered by those pesky feet!

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yipe; I thought foot-binding had gone out of style.

Is this some kind of retro thing - what's old is new, or something?

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget the bondage, are those shiney tights? Eek.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home