Friday, November 4

I found these behind the dryer



You're embarrassed because your 61 year old husband dresses like an old man? Cathy, if I had to sleep in the same bed with him every night the last thing I would be complaining about are his socks. I'd complain about we need more nannies for the kids, or how it's getting increasingly difficult to tell my husband and father-in-law apart. But not about the socks.

Which reminds me, it's time to start thinking about what socks to buy as Xmas presents. They are handy gifts for distant relatives who you don't care a great deal for but care enough to want to be a beneficiary of whatever fortune they may acquire. This year we are fortunate to have Throx Socks which come in threes, in case one of them goes awol. Use it to store your stash or wear it like how Jake, the more attractive Gyllenhaal, wears a Santa hat in Jarhead.



Throx socks are also available at Sock Dreams where you can also find a sock blog and delightfully named items like Moo-toes and pom pom garters. Get them before socks as we know them become redundant.



I say this because there appears to be some kind of restructuring going on in the fashion world. It's like upper management decided that socks are no longer viable on their own and need to be streamlined with other items of apparel to improve efficiency. The operational result can be seen in Emma Hope's sock boots.


Can't say I love them. Can't say I like them. Can't even say I can stand to be in the same room as them. Over at Thirteendenim (www.thirteendenim.com) socks have been seamlessly integrated with denim to form jeans that are easily tuckable into tall boots.



Which begs the question. Why would you wear pants with tall boots anyway?
(Upgraded from a picture of Jordan to Madonna)



Another blog to visit: Appearances are Everything - A blog for fashion, skincare, and what celebrities look like.

4 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger Dinah said...

Socks that are sewn into denium are a no-no.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Tonua said...

Reason #27 for why I read this blog: Lines like, "Get them before socks as we know them become redundant." Now, that's comedy!

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger j-a said...

i love socks so this cannot put me off them.

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see what happens when the jeans/socks combo is worn by someone as vertically challenged* as I am. That someone'd end up with a delightful uncircumsized foreskin effect on each leg. Mmm-mmm!

(*which means I'm 5' short. It doesn't mean I fall over all the time.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home