Tuesday, January 4

Harvey Nichols in HK

When I first saw the Harvey Nicks signage at The Landmark shopping centre in Hong Kong, I was a little bit sceptical but aroused nonetheless. It'll never be as good as the original. It might not be all that. It might just sell green shopping bags and teddy bears. Bloody Harrods airport outlets. Have you had your zinc supplements today? On and on the voices in my head whispered. Then I found out that they plan to open a 60,000 square feet store in Hong Kong by September 2005. That's a lot of rack and shelf space and some of it will be possibly devoted to Balenciaga. Excuse me while I hyperventilate into a brown paper bag that I keep beside me for these situations.

If we look at the bigger picture, this development could pave the way for further London emporiums to crack into the Judith Leiber Shih Tzu Minaudieres of the moneyed set. Come on down, Selfridges - stepping in there is like receiving a quick shot of morphine, dying painlessly and ascending to heaven. Don't forget about Harrods, there's the extra benefit of having Mohammed El-Fayed come over to open the summer and winter sales. I don't think we've ever had an El-Fayed cut a ribbon in Hong Kong before and it would be immense fun to inflict him on the local celebs. Heck, we'll even let him bring his pet menagerie too.


Mr El Fayed: Here, try on this fur hat. That is so fetch.
Lucy Liu: Can someone get me a decent movie role? Preferably as a non-stereotypical Asian non-dragon lady character. Anybody? Please?


(With Holly "irrelevant since mid-2003" Valance)
Mr El Fayed: Just let Professor Flossyboots claw a little bit, I'll pay for any stitches. My credit rating is good.


(With Xtina Aguilera)
Mr El Fayed: I squeezed mine too hard and now it's broken. Ah ha. I will swap the broken kitten for the not broken puppy when she is not looking. Ha ha.


Mr El Fayed: This is what you will wear on our date tonight. I expect to get to AT LEAST third base this time.
Jennifer Love Hewitt: Can someone get me a decent movie role? Preferably where the plot does not revolve around the size of my bust which is disproportionate to the rest of my body? Anybody? Please?


(with Natalie Imbruglia)
Mr El Fayed: When I heard your last album, I wanted to break a dishwasher-safe plate over your head like so.

Blog of the day: Manolo's Shoe Blog is nominated in the Best New Blog category of the Best of Blog Awards.

6 Comments:

At 2:14 AM, Blogger j-a said...

no way, when did the harvey nicks thing happen?! that just means more tourists in hong kong, really.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Jon said...

What do you expect form a man who wanted to be mummified and laid to rest on top of Harrods?

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Amelia said...

Oh, he's a fun-lovin' guy that Mr. El Fayed!!

....And where is your finalist button for the Best of Blog awards???

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Spirit Fingers said...

I did not know about the mummifying thing. Yeah Joyce, I'm quite looking forward to it and hoping that they make good use of the space.
Amelia, I'm wearing my button right now...no I much prefer promoting the blogs I like.

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Dr. Emer said...

Hello Spirit Fingers. I have read your comments over at Dr O's weblog. I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to you.

I have posted something today about the problems regarding the polls I'm currently nominated on, and also about your concerns. Here's the link:

http://emeritus.blogspot.com/2005/01/misunderstanding-since-dr.html

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Samantha Regione said...

Oh, how this post made me chortle. Made me laugh out loud. I positively spouted champagne from my nostrils. But most importantly, I wondered .... how did she know my dishwasher-safe crockery and Natalie Imbruglia fantasy?

How?

Huh?

You must be like this real psychic person and stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home