Thursday, September 15

The state of men's tennis

Can somebody please explain to me what is going in men's tennis?



First we had Dominic Hrbaty and his quaint shirt with the bra-shaped peekaboo holes at the back. Hey, look at me! I'm just a normal guy, I don't have breasts growing out of my shoulderblades! It caused such a stir that even the Vietnamese press had something to say about it.



There were also holes in the sides of Hrbaty's shorts, and possibly other parts of his tennis outfit which only became apparent when he lunged, thus causing severe distraction to Lleyton Hewitt during their quarter-finals match.



Then there's Taylor Dent who has a tendency to morph into Mr Hyde when he's on hard court.





Check out those choppers. How can anyone possibly see where the tennis ball is when he's on court, blinding everyone so savagely? He must have gone to his dentist and asked for the Hilary Duff special.

Add to that Liz Hurley's white capris and men who can levitate without the aid of a rocket powered backpack....gone are the days when all you had to do was just hit the ball really hard and pray that it didn't kill anyone.

I hope that there are none of these shenanigans at the China Open, but you never know with Carlos Moya and his Spanish compatriots around. I hear they're into ancient Chinese cosplay.

7 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks.


it's so rare to read blogs like yours since there aren't many people with insights on such typical only-in-hk phenomenons - unless you don't spend all your life there but have enough relatives and co-workers (or, classmates in my case) and have spent quite some time in hong kong to make all these observations.

okay i'm starting to sound creepy & stalker-ish by getting all serious but really, i love your blog.

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um...where did you find that picture with the Spaniards all decked out? It's wrong, just wrong, but I must know where you found it. Fabulous blog BTW, I now do nothing at work but read it, I'm sure the clients aren't too happy that I'm billing them $200/hour and just sitting here reading your blog.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Spirit Fingers said...

Go to the news section of Yahoo! Do a search for "moya" and "robes" and you'll get some fabulous pictures. May your billable figures remain strong & healthy and translate into fantastic yearend bonuses.

 
At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am now forever indebted to you for directing me to said pictures. I'm gonna make them my new background. And yes, let's pray for big yearend bonuses indeed :) Keep up the good blog!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Missus Chineses said...

have i mentioned that your blog crackes me up? no?

okay you blog cracks me up.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger i got served said...

*falls off chair laffing*... most amusingly entertaining post i've read EVER...

made my day!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Ellipsis said...

ha..loved the captions for the tennis players.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home