Thursday, March 23

Don't you know it's rude to stare?



Oh Good Golly Miss Molly, am I seeing what I'm seeing??!? Bracelet-neck-chain thingys are back in? I hope that bowtie is clip-on otherwise that's going to add at least another 10 minutes to my morning routine! And check out that pair of boots!

Say what you want about LA Fashion Week but I'm picking up all kinds of tips and trends from the Agent Provocateur Show. Come Fall 2006, you're going to be feeling mighty underdressed if you don't have any of these must-have pieces.


Ribbon belts, not just for ample-waisted bridesmaids anymore! They tend to get loose easily so make sure you tie them tight enough so that you hear a rib crack.


The three quarter sleeved cardigan was invented by a minor English nobleman who wanted to be able to don something without disturbing his coiffure when the air conditioning in his office was cranked up way too high but at the same time didn't want crumbs all over his sleeves when taking a delightful sandwich lunch at his desk. Till this day it remains a cute layering essential, especially when in pastel colours.


Does the little black dress even need an introduction? It's a timeless classic that suits just about any occasion. Of course I don't need to tell you that the emphasis should be on little rather than black.


The appearance of absurd novelty sunglasses in the fall collection does not bode well for the future. It means people are expecting Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie to still be undeservingly famous six months from now.


Satin gloves are perfect for covering up those hirsute arms. I'd like to ask to get some honest answers from readers on this - after a long winter of neglecting your depilatory routine, have you ever been mistaken for a bear that's just awakened from deep hibernation? Because I get that a lot.


Hooray for the pillbox hat with French netting. Tilted at the correct angle it adds mystique and allure, offering up questions with no good answers. Is she a deadly cruel penis-lopping femme fatale but in a thrilling Hitchcockian twist turns out to be really nice once you get to know her? Is she an amiable, soft-spoken cutie but in a thrilling Hitchcockian twist transforms into a raging backstabbing bitch when you're not around? How does that thing stay on without a chin strap?

Another blog to visit: Hoyden-About-Town - hoyden (hoid'n): woman of saucy, boisterous or carefree behavior

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger tigtog said...

Thanks for the blog-pimping, Spirit Fingers! Trust me to have a maths-wonk post up when the facepalmers drop by to visit.

I just found that out that my blog is the #1 hit on Google for "PM's Higher Purpose", which might be more to the fastidious facepalmer's taste.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Boris Yeltsin said...

Love your blog. I don't know how I found it, but I'm glad I did!

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ooh la love AP. Nipple tassels and shelf bras are the new pinkblackblah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home