Friday, May 20

Did I say that out loud?

Things that don't get said out loud at my workplace for fear of immediate social alienation

What say we let the people get out of the elevator first before barging in?

Frankly, I do think there is such a thing as too much pink.

My child does not know how to play any musical instrument whatsoever.

Oh I think I'm a bit old to be wearing that sort of thing.

Who is that new person? Let's introduce ourselves to them and make them feel welcome instead of speculating about their background in gossipy tones.

Does this skin-whitening stuff really work?

Does this bust-enhancement stuff really work?

Lately I've been feeling that Louis Vuitton is not all it's cracked up to be. Gucci isn't ALL THAT either.

The other day I went on a date, in the full knowledge that he did not own any property or any other substantial assets. I think I might even see him again.

I actually find our daily games of social one-upmanship to be quite tedious. Let's take up a sport instead.

5 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, that is HILARIOUS! I can totally see how this applies in HK society. SO true.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Deodand said...

#1 and #8 both apply in my Canadian office. I mean, enough with the fake LV already!

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like time to check out the Australian surf for a few days...

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Evangeline said...

lol...that could probably apply in any asian society. esp the child not being able to play an instrument thing XD

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home