Monday, June 6

Dressing the animal kingdom



Thus completes man's domination over the canine species. This victory comes after cats were humiliated into accepting us as masters a few years ago when Catprin Tailor for Cats took the internet by storm.

On my last visit to Japan I didn't have to look very far to find a Catprin stall. Those little outfits were hanging on every street corner, waiting to pounce on any passing cat. Much to my perverse delight, I managed to find a costume that wasn't included on the official website, one of their "limited editions" perhaps:



I invite you to Japanise it with a suitably bizarre caption that makes less and less sense upon repeated readings.

In man's neverending quest for societal advancement, he is often faced with the question - which pet shall I dress up next? Which one will it be? Well, FERRET come on down! You're the next contestant on "Primp My Pet"!



The Ferret Store appears to have cornered the market on ferret apparel. Their designs are wholesome and not at all tarty so you shouldn't worry that you're sending your ferret out with the wrong messages. Once you've figured out how to get the clothing onto its long slender Prada-model-type body without contracting rabies it's time to let it out of the house.

Watch that fully-clothed ferret chase down a squirrel with vaudevillian glee! To take it a step further, what about watching a fully-clothed ferret chasing down a fully-clothed squirrel? Don't discount the possibility. Before I met Sugar Bush Squirrel and her thousands of outfits, I was a swaggering know-it-all. Then I discovered that a rodent could have more clothing than me and boy did that cut me down to size.

So far this superstar with the expressive eyes and Bond girlish name has managed to build up an extensive modelling portfolio and take on the role of a modern day Betty Grable. Never have I seen a creature that is so amenable to costume changes. There's just no way to be restrained about the whole thing so I'm just going to come right out and say it. I love me some Sugar Bush Squirrel!

2 Comments:

At 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poor squirrel. It makes me a little queasy to look at those pictures.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger None said...

Humans are mean...sigh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home