Friday, September 16

Mid-autumn break



Thank you Britney, for scheduling your C-section before I go on vacation! Now I don't have to lie awake on the plane wondering if you have given birth while I'm halfway across the South China Sea. And thank you for delaying your birth so that Heidi Klum could have one day in the headlines too!

Now, guess where I'll be going for a week. Here's a little hint.



Yes, that's right I'll be navigating the east coast of Australia, more specifically Melbourne, with the briefest of stopovers in Sydney. What can I say, I am just slavishly following the masses like a lemming with disposable income.

Much has been made of the rivalry between Sydney (it's like Paris Hilton! Crazy blood vial wearing Angelina Jolie! Skimpy sequinned denim shorts with a hint of buttock!) and Melbourne (it's like Nicky Hilton! Classy earth mother UN goodwill ambassador Angelina Jolie! An elegant just below the knee pencil skirt!) but I'm not going to entertain any of this nonsense. As far as I'm concerned, they both have their merits.

Sydney


Melbourne


By popular demand (ie 1 request) I have added links to past "Fashion Roadkill of the Day" posts in the sidebar so that you can have a leisurely browse during my absence. Abandon hope all ye who click there.

8 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger j-a said...

i must say, one of these days, i should get myself over to australia...

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melbourne is logical and organised. And we tend to wear a lot of black - that's probably the easiest way to tell Melbourne from Sydney. (Apart from the slightly different accent)

 
At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not midautumn yet! It's not even neoautumn. It's still summer!

therefore

You cannot leave. Without taking me with you.

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my request.
yay.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger katie's brain said...

A friend directed me to your blog and I am dying! This is addictive stuff. Well done!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Gay Erasmus said...

As a Sydneysider, I object to the picture you've used to represent my city. There isn't enough flesh in it.

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it will be a thrill just to know you're in the same city as i! lol

Maybe i should start walking around in my worst clothes........

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger sway said...

ahhhhhh. you're coming now? this has to be the craziest weather we've had in a bit. have fun and enjoy. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home