Friday, December 17

I like big feet and I cannot lie

Overheard at a party in ancient China circa AD 1288:
Oh. My. God. Ying-ying, look at her feet.
They are so big. *scoff* She looks like,
one of those troupe guys' girlfriends.
But, y'know, who understands those troupe guys? *scoff*
They only talk to her, because,
she looks like a total non-prostitute, 'kay?
I mean, her feet, are just so big. *scoff*
I can't believe they're just so wide, the toes are like,
out there, I mean - gross. Look!
She's just so ... UNDEFORMED!


After reading about the practice of foot-binding and dry retching for several minutes, I don't feel like shoe-shopping this weekend anymore.

3 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heeee! "I like big feet and I cannot lie!" Which is true enough, since most of the 6' amazon cat-walk beauty queens tend to have ENORMOUS feet...

And oooh... those pics of foot binding literally made me wretch a little. Then again, sometimes I feel as though even the sexiest of high-heels aren't much better for women. I know I'm lame as hell, but I'll stick to my flats...

Anyway, awesome blog! I've just discovered it and every single entry I've read so far has (at the least) made me chuckle.

-Maria

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember whether it was World War II, or some other war, but Chinese women with tiny feet were raped and then killed because they couldn't walk or run away during the invasion.

How very tragic?

Anyway, I hope they were loved, worshipped, and respected for the rest of their beauty during their lives even if their feet were forcibly broken or shortened.

And yes, I am voting for you as the Best Newcomer. Now what was it you were saying in your other post about Christmas gifts? Just kidding you.

PS: Have you seen the pictures of women with long necks? I think from Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, or something like that (not sure from which country). Will try and find the link (that is if you haven't seen those). Short feet and long neck, now that would be a combination!

Cheers and happy holidays everyone! (Ron, See Lai)

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Spirit Fingers said...

Thanks Maria and Ron! Although pointy shoes are still very popular, I'm glad that there are still some Mary Jane round-toed pumps around.
Ron, I did see a link about the long-necked women, it was very sad because it mentioned something about how if the neck rings were removed, the women would die because of collapse of neck muscles or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home