Tuesday, June 28

Quite a success

Paris was quite a success, if I do say so myself. I really scored a coup by convincing the Paris bid team to replace one of their disgraced Olympic officials with Sophie Marceau . Doesn't her heart, when laid bare, just beat with L'amour des Jeux (Love of the Games)!

There were also two other events of importance that occurred during my stay. Firstly, there was the Gay Pride march, a colourful celebration of homosexuality which gave rise to many unscripted public displays of affection.


Secondly, the shops threw open their doors for "Soldes Supremes!", "Soldissimes!" and other like-minded phrases. Suffice to say, every bitch and her owner was out in force on that day.

There was even time for a day trip to Brussels. Only a fool wouldn't travel over 300 kilometres for mussels, fries, beer, Tin Tin and Louis Vuitton chocolate.


By this point, my travel companions were quite tired and disgruntled. If it wasn't for that thing that people say about "safety in numbers" or the other thing about "no man is an island", I would have dumped them way back at Voorst-Oost-Kunst-Graaf van Schaarbeek-Pannenhuis.


Morale picked up considerably on our last day when we splashed out on a sumptuous banquet. It was like we never left home!


Although Charles De Gaulle airport was a barren wasteland where last-minute shopping opportunities were concerned, the rest of the trip home ended up being surprisingly pleasant and stress-free. Of course a lot of it had to do with the fact that throughout the flight, I kept myself comfortable, hydrated and looking very important.

5 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Blogger Whatsername again....? said...

those shoes...

yummy in so many ways, and i'm not a shoe girl.

 
At 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to think you're making up these globe-trotting hijinks. I'm sorry but I am.

Have you ever done a piece on newsgirl-pinup Patty Hou?

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Spirit Fingers said...

I'll send you a copy of my passport pages!
Patty Hou - she's in love with a Taiwanese popstar called Jay Chou, that's about all I know about her.

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now where can i get that white trash "Hi Mom" trucker cap here in HK?

that shot of your travel companions...that was money!

- manonmars

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think immigration desks at EU airports do much stamping of passports anymore. Scanning is all the rage these days - damn those barcodes on new passports!

Re Jay Chou - with that hair and those eyes, can he even see who he's pashing/dating these days?

LBYB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home