Wednesday, April 13

Spring break II: Manila

I've barely got the stench of cattle class out of my clothing, when it's time to leave again. This week I'll be in Manila where the weather is perfect for reclining by the pool in Liz Hurley's Bitch Collection and getting waaaay drunk before noon. I hope I make a good impression on people.

Although I haven't been to the Philippines before, I am well versed in its ways. In fact, all I know about the country I learnt from the Miss Earth website. Save the world while looking good in skimpy clothing! These are the basic tenets on which Wonder Woman, and come to think of it every superheroine has been founded on.

If there are any fair maidens out there who want to balance out their CVs with some extracurricular activities, please feel free to enter. I would have given it a go but this requirement gets me every time:
Possesses beauty of face and proportionate body structure.

So until next week, goodbye and enjoy my hitherto private gallery of Filipina Barbies. There's heavy beading, embroidery, sequins, appliques...everything a doll could ever ask for plus the occasional swathe of tartan. Try not to think about it too much.

3 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Blandwagon said...

This week I'll be in Manila where the weather is perfect for reclining by the pool in Liz Hurley's Bitch Collection

Is it just me, or is the model on the right auditioning for a South American soap opera?

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did you check out the profound statements from the Miss World Delegates on how to save the world? My ultra favorite would have to be Ms. Korea, who said "Make a lot of drainage." Simple and so profound.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Rayanne Graff said...

Why does Liz Hurley still wear white trousers? Whhhhhyyy? And now she wants to inflict her fashion lack-of-sense on us? Evil.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home