Thursday, February 24

The state of one's cuticles

It was a pleasant surprise to find the HK Yellow Pages secreted by the front of my door this morning. I read it from cover to back and highlighted all the interesting bits in yellow!

The 100 page colour section on acrylic nails, I felt, was a real keeper. It seems that HK women with too much time and too little taste on their hands have raised manicured nails to an art form. I think the state of one's cuticles says a lot about their personality:

Ethnic tribal, displaced from native land and living on reservation


Harbours fetish for crayolas or jellybeans or both


Retro mod, trying to work a mini skirt in late 60s (actual age, not era)


Thinks that love means never having to say sorry I can't afford to buy that for you:


Bleeding profusely and slightly gangrenous


Regular at the Xanadu Roller Palace


Positively infantile at best


Lacking Vitamins A, D & E


If your idea of nail fun is scraping them against a blackboard then visit V Nail Shop & School.

4 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Deodand said...

Lots of those nails at V's school have things hanging off them. I would accidentally gouge my eyes out in the morning when I rub the sleep out.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Desci said...

Positivly ghoulish. Except for the crayolabean one. Pretty!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Harrods Girl said...

I actually know a lady who goes to nail salon to have her 'crystal nails' done before parties and stuff. Haha, its one of those things rich people do.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous top girls accompagnatrici roma said...

Goodness, there is a great deal of effective info above!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home